DataTables Warning: table id = table - Request unkown parameter '0' for row 0...

DataTables Warning: table id = table - Request unkown parameter '0' for row 0...

mrjmrj Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited August 2014 in Free community support

I recently updated DataTables and am now getting this error in IE.I debugged as much as I can and the error stems from 'dom' as once I delete or comment out that part of the code, the error dissapears. Any suggestions? Here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="./media/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="./media/js/jquery.dataTables.js">     
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="./media/js/ZeroClipboard.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="./media/js/TableTools.js">  
 </script>
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
            $(document).ready( function () {
                $('#master_table').dataTable( {
                    "aaSorting": [[ 2, "asc" ]],
                    "lengthMenu" :[[25,50,100,-1], [25,50,100,"All"]],
                    "bFilter": true,
                    "bSort": true,
                    "bInfo": false,
                    "bJQueryUI": true,
                    "sDom": '<"H"Tfr>t<"bottom"iflp<"clear">>'

} );

} );
            //change the dom to have selectable options for amount being displayed and so that the top can retain the look as before
    </script>

http://live.datatables.net/lovoviwi/2/

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

Please link to a test case, as noted in the forum rules so we can debug the issue. http://live.datatables.net , JSFiddle and CodePen can all be used to create a test case showing the problem.

Allan

• mrjmrj Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Linked

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Works for me with IE11.

it works, but i get the warning..and I am not sure why

Are you saying you get a warning when you load your link? http://live.datatables.net/lovoviwi/2/ ?

Like tangerine I don't get a warning at all from that link, regardless of what browser I use.

Allan

yes I am getting the warning when i load my php page. I didnt add the rest of my page since most of data is being loaded from a database and is private information. but the error is being taken from the javascript and from the DOM part of the javascript function

yes I am getting the warning when i load my php page.

What about the link you provided above?

Allan

the link gives me no warning on IE11

Good. So, can you please provide a link to a test case that does show the error so we can debug it. I can't debug an example that is working correctly :-)

Allan

hmm....I tried to add my code but since I have php, I don't think I can add my code. Let me try and find another way to add the warning

I'm still getting this error....I'm not sure how to show the warning on the link you provided

I'm afraid there is very little help I can offer if I can't see the error myself. I need a way to be able to debug the error to help solve it, but that isn't possible if I can't see it. As I noted before, I need a test case that shows the error.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.