File / image uploads?

File / image uploads?

improdiaimprodia Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

OK, So I last used datatables for a project 2-3 years ago and it looks like it has really come on leaps and bounds since then.

I have spent the day looking at the latest version of datatables/editor and code examples but I am stumped on one thing - file/image upload fields!

I have searched around and can see it is something that is/was planned and some other posts where someone has cobbled something together which is too complex for me to understand.

I want to have a file field to upload an image - ideally I want to be in control of renaming the uploaded file AFTER a new record is inserted so I can give the file the name containing the primary key ID of the newly inserted record. This is what I already do the old fashioned non-datatables way with really clunky forms! I would love to be able to do this in datatables.

I have not purchased an editor licence yet. I want to work out if it is possible to do image uploads, then try it out with the 15 day trial and then purchase a licence.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Currently no - there is no file upload option for Editor. It is a feature that I will be adding for v1.5 which will be out around December this year.

Allan

• isport59isport59 Posts: 30Questions: 9Answers: 2

I realize that this is an old post but currently I also need the upload image field. Can you send the info you got. You know the one you didn't understand. Perhaps, I can figure something out for all of us. If you did find a solutions, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share. Send a link perhaps

Thanks!
    Mike

Editor 1.4.1 will be released this week with file upload abilities. The release should be tomorrow.

Allan

• mRendermRender Posts: 151Questions: 26Answers: 13

This is the most exciting addition for the Editor I've ever heard of and I can't wait for it!!!

• improdiaimprodia Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I do hope that wasn't an April Fool! I notice that the latest version today is still 1.4.0. Any news?

Mark.

No April's fool. I've been caught up doing support yesterday and today, so the release has been delayed. Should be tomorrow now, but I'm going to stop saying that soon.

Allan

Finally released :-)

Allan

• christopher.vergaraychristopher.vergaray Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

Allan,

I am working on a project in .NET where I would like to upload an XML file, parse out the data, and then insert it into the database. The idea is to allow the user to either manually enter all data, or upload an XML with the data in it. However, I don't seem to understand how the file gets to the server. Do you have any examples of file upload in use in a .net application?

Thanks!
    Chris

edited May 2015

Hi Chris,

I don't currently have a public example of this, but it will be included in v1.5 which will be released next month (edit I original typed "week" that is wrong! There is no chance of be being next week unfortunately - too much still to do!). You would then need to use the Action method (described in the documentation) to perform whatever tasks you need on the uploaded file.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.