Selecting a row and navigating using arrow keys

Selecting a row and navigating using arrow keys

joysonjoyson Posts: 22Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi,

I was wondering if datatables has a feature where I can select any row in my table and navigate using the arrow keys. Can you please point me out in the right direction. I am able to highlight the row on clicking but I am not able to navigate using the arrow keys.

Regards,
Joyson.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394
  • joysonjoyson Posts: 22Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi tangerine,

I am using server side processing and when I click on a particular row it sends an AJAX request to my server and my table is updated which removes the selection. Can keytable be used with server side?

Hi,

Any update on this?

I did get the navigation working using jQuery. But the problem is that the columns do not move as I am using Scroller. The highlighting just goes down and the rows are not visible once I navigate past the 14 rows which are visible in my table.

Regards,
    Joyson.

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

You would need to use row selection something like this if you are using server-side processing.

Allan

I am already using something like this for highlighting the row. But what about navigation using the arrow keys like we have in KeyTable?

Joyson.

KeyTable is not currently compatible with server-side processing. That is something I will be addressing in v2 of KeyTable.

Allan

Can you please let me know when will KeyTable v2 be available? Is it something that we can expect in the near future?

Joyson.

edited October 2014 Answer ✓

It should be available around February / March 2015. So not an immediate fix I'm sorry to say. There are a back log of other things to do first!

You could remove this line in KeyTable which will provide the majority of functionality, but paging etc will not work.

Allan

Hi allan,

Thanks for the tip. I removed the css from keytable and added my own css and it worked like a charm. Thanks again :)

Joyson.

Just realised I put 2016 before. I meant 2015 (changed now)!

Allan

Thats fine. Anyway after some further testing. It did not work as expected so I guess I will have to wait till you come up with something. Thanks!!!

Joyson.

Hi Allan,

Any news on this feature?

Joyson.

Hi,

Not yet. I will post news on its release in the blog when I do complete this piece of software.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.