Where can I find the example of a database table being updated or adding a new entry

Where can I find the example of a database table being updated or adding a new entry

pzh20pzh20 Posts: 66Questions: 15Answers: 0

I have looked through the examples and cannot find this. I am using the PHP version to try and write a Classic ASP version.

Regards
Pete

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• pzh20pzh20 Posts: 66Questions: 15Answers: 0

I meant an example in the downloaded code.

Pete

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Editor provides the abilities to dynamically add rows. If you don't want to use Editor then the row.add() method is used to add a row on the client-side and you'd need to create the form and server-side code to use that.

Allan

It is just that I cannot find the code to do the database insert in the downloaded code.

Pete

Are you using Editor? If so, are you using the PHP or .NET libraries?

Allan

As I said, I'm taking the PHP libraries and trying to create a ASP version (not .NET)

Pete

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

Allan asked if you are using Editor. The better your explanation, the more likely you are to receive any help.

Answer ✓

Okay - I'm understanding a bit more now. You want to base your ASP code for Editor on the PHP libraries - is that correct?

The database code in the Editor libraries is abstracted out into the Database class. You can look at the _insert private method in the Editor class to see how it works.

However, my suggestion is that this would be the wrong this to do. I would suggest instead that if you want to use ASP Classic with Editor then you would be better severed to ignore the PHP libraries, which is a complex set of software (it took me about a month to create the C# equivalent for example).

Instead, use the interface information which is provided so you can create a server-side environment that supports Editor using any system.

Allan

You're right, it seems a much better approach

Many thanks
    Pete

This discussion has been closed.