oLanguage issue

oLanguage issue

frenzyfrenzy Posts: 21Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2012 in General
Hi,

I am using 'oLanguage' option when initializing my datatable, and the translations work great for all cases, except when there are no returned records (iTotalDisplayRecords = 0). What could be the cause of this behavior?

Thanks.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,050 Site admin
    Did you set sZeroRecords as well?

Allan
  • frenzyfrenzy Posts: 21Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yeah, I set it, and sZeroRecords label also works fine. The 'i' part of sDOM does not get translated when zero records are returned, and it shows the information in English which is default:
    "Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries".
    Ah - if there are no records in the table (regardless of filtering) then sEmptyTable is the translated parameter.

Allan
    If I use sEmptyTable it is just shown in preference to sZeroRecords, as specified in documentation. However, the default 'i' string remains: "Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries"
    Can you link me to your page please?
    ah, I have found the problem. There is a bug in Croatian translation on http://datatables.net/plug-ins/i18n. It says: "sInfoEmtpy" instead of "sInfoEmpty".
    Thanks for finding that! I've just corrected the plug-in page - the Romanian translation had the same issue...

Allan
    No problem Allan! I'm glad I helped a lil bit to improve this fantastic piece of work!
This discussion has been closed.