custom data types filtering and user input filtering

custom data types filtering and user input filtering

frenzyfrenzy Posts: 21Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2011 in General
Hi,

I have 2 questions concering filtering (search):

1) Suppose I got a table column which is consisted of dropdown lists (each table cell that belongs to this column is a dropdown list). To be able to sort the column correctly, i took advantage of afnSortData['dom-select'] plugin and initialized the column like this:
"aoColumns" : [ { "sSortDataType" :"dom-select"}]
The sorting works perfectly.
But, the filtering does not :(. Is there a similiar way to tell the filter to use this custom plugin for searching also? Like "aoColumns" : [ { "sSortDataType" :"dom-select", "sFilterType" : "dom-select"}]?

2) Suppose a datatable row has cells which are input fields. One of the input fields has value "old". If the user changes this value to "new" and if he tries to search for the "new" string, surely he gets no records. How to update the table with the new value? I tried redrawing with oTable.fnDraw() but it doesnt work.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ollieollie Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I have a related problem, any breakthrough on this frenzy?

I’m using a custom data source plugin to grab jquery.data() on the elements contained the table cells for sorting. Now looking for a means to access the dom (or the data made available for sorting) rather than HTML text.

Attempting to write a custom sType detector currently – in case that is the means to connect the filter sData with the sorting iColumn?
  • ollieollie Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I’ve discovered the filter does use the info derived from the custom sort - but only after I have sorted by the column containing the custom elements.

As described here:

[code]http://datatables.net/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=2886&page=1[/code]
This discussion has been closed.