1) Number of rows

2) Number of columns

3) Character length of each cell

and

4) the total file size in MB / GB.

Any / All good help welcome.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

I don't believe there are any published performance numbers. See this FAQ and the data docs for some generalizations. Datatables doesn't impose limits for any of the above. Another factor to consider is the complexity of the data rendered in the cells.

This is something you will need to test for your specific environment, table data and configuration including Extensions.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

I don't really see how it would be possible to define things like this as it can vary based on your target customer's web-browser, host computer, bandwidth and so on.

Something that might work really well for Adam on a 1Gbps connection with his 12th gen i7 machine might not work well at all for Bill on his GPRS data connection and Pentium netbook.

You need to consider what data you have, what customer's you need to optimise for and work from there. DataTables provides many different ways to import data for display, but in my experience the performance of displaying the table is rarely the issue compared to the connection and host.

Allan