fnDeleteRow problem

fnDeleteRow problem

DFDF
edited September 2010 in General Posts: 13
I am having a problem with fnDeleteRow.

According to the API documentation (http://www.datatables.net/api): the inital input parameter is:

node (TR): the TR element that should be deleted from the table
or
int : Index of the row to delete from the aoData object (use the fnGetPosition() API function to find the index of a row in this array)."

My table looks like this:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="display" id="manage_tbl" style="width:100%"> <thead> <tr> <th>Title</th> <th>Edit</th> <th>Delete</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr id="tr_127"> <td id="title_127">Bill Clinton</td> <td><a href="#" id="edit_127" onClick="edit_source(this);return false;">Edit</a></td> <td><a href="#" id="delete_127" onClick="delete_source(this);return false;">Delete</a></td> </tr> <tr id="tr_112"> <td id="title_112">Capital</td> <td><a href="#" id="edit_112" onClick="edit_source(this);return false;">Edit</a></td> <td><a href="#" id="delete_112" onClick="delete_source(this);return false;">Delete</a></td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
It has been initialized like this:
$('#manage_tbl').dataTable({ "bJQueryUI": true, "bAutoWidth": false, "bLengthChange": false, "bPaginate": true, "sPaginationType": "full_numbers", "bScrollCollapse": false, "iDisplayLength": 20, "oLanguage": { "sSearch": "Filter:", }, "aoColumns":[ {"sWidth": "50%", "bSortable": false}, {"sWidth": "5%", "bSortable": false}, {"sWidth": "5%", "bSortable": false} ] });

I have tried to use fnGetPosition in 2 different ways (the var did is equal to the portion of the row id following the "_"):

var pos = miTable.fnGetPosition($('#tr__' + did)); and
var pos = miTable.fnGetPosition(document.getElementById('tr__' + did));
In either case, I get a jQuery error ("nNode.nodeName is undefined") triggered at at jQuery line 1755:
if ( nNode.nodeName.toUpperCase() == "TR" )
If I try without using fnDeleteRow by passing the node directly using the DOM or jQuery, the row is correctly identified (verified via Firebug) and I don't get an error, but the row does not get deleted:
miTable.fnDeleteRow(document.getElementById('tr__' + did)); or
miTable.fnDeleteRow($('#tr__' + did));
Puzzled. Can anyone help?

TIA

-DF

Replies

• DFDF
    edited September 2010 Posts: 13
    In the words of Mrs. Emily Litella, "never mind" -- I was pointing at the wrong table.

-DF
  • DFDF
    edited September 2010 Posts: 13
    Well, mostly never mind. I was pointing at the wrong table but when I fixed this, it didn't resolve the fnGetPosition error, but I was able to get fnDeleteRow working by passing it the correct DOM TR node as returned by document.getElementById.

-DF
    Funny, fnGetPosition should be working :-). One thing to note about your jQuery selectors, you are passing a jQuery object to the DataTables functions there, not a DOM node. To do that, just use the first element of the array:

$('#tr__' + did)[0] for example.

Allan
  • Thanks Allan, it was useful......
This discussion has been closed.