Toggling settings

Toggling settings

whowerywhowery Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Is it possible to update an option/setting after initialization? For example, I would like to have serverSide processing set to false initially, then toggle it on after performing the first search.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,709Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

No - sorry. Many settings can be modified via the API, but that is not one of them.

I don't really understand why you would want to load the full data set and then throw it away on the first search?

Allan

• whowerywhowery Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Maybe there is another way to do what I want to do. I'm trying to load the table initially with a AJAX call kicked off from a button click, to get the first page of data. Then I want Datatables to take over, and make subsequent AJAX calls when the user clicks the 'Next' page button, I'm trying to do server side paging.
    The problem I am running into now is that the table is making an initial AJAX call to the server when the table is initialized, I don't want it to make that initial call, I want it to wait for user interaction. I'm using DT 10.

I see, so it isn't DataTables that is making the first Ajax call and rendering the data? In which case use the deferLoading option. See also this example.

Allan

That's a lot closer to what I need, looks like deferLoading will work. Might be nice if there was a deferLoading:"ALL" setting, as opposed to having to specify how many rows to defer. Thanks Again!

The deferLoading option as an integer tells DataTables the information it needs to know for paging etc. Using ALL wouldn't provide that data.

Allan

Thanks Allan. I just figured out how easy it is to let Datatable make the initial AJAX request, so I don't need to mess with the deferLoading, I just let DT handle everything. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.