FixedHeader - Does not work if I am using Jquery Layout

FixedHeader - Does not work if I am using Jquery Layout

smelchersmelcher Posts: 40Questions: 11Answers: 0

If I use Jquery Layout and put my FixedHeader table in to the East pane, the FixedHeader does not work. It remains in place while the rest of the page scrolls around it.

Answers

• smelchersmelcher Posts: 40Questions: 11Answers: 0

The problem seems to be that the headers are all based off of the window and not the scrolling pane. I've found a few other forum posts talking about this but I dont think anyone has solved it yet. If anyone has an idea please let me know. I suspect I need to recalc everything using the pane coordinates rather than the window but I havent figured out the code yet

By messing with the parent node that the calculations are based off of, I am able to get my table to scroll within a scrollable div. My problem now is that because my floating headers have a high zindex, the column headers overlap the vertical scrollbar.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Unfortunately, since I use Jquery UI Layouts, this prevents me from using DataTables.

...or can someone suggest another way to do layout instead of Jquery UI Layout?

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

Funny, I just solved this for SharePoint. Fixed headers assigns an event to the window scroll. SP doesn't move the window, it moves some div. I changed this line (near line 996) from this

$(window).scroll( function () {

to this

$('#s4-workspace').scroll( function () {

You need to figure out what element is firing a scroll event.

Yes, this works for the vertical scrolling. My problem now is when I scroll the horizontal axis. If my table goes off the page, the headers go on top of the y scroll bar.

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

Can you provide a jsfiddle example?

This discussion has been closed.