Display server side Exception Message on DataTables.NET

Display server side Exception Message on DataTables.NET

utkuozanutkuozan Posts: 3Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am developing a MVC application which has handles authorization and login information at a base controller class overriding OnActionExecuting event.

At AJAX calls when an exception arises I can handle this via attributes and display error messages with on custom model window.

But when an Exception occurs while using DataTables.Net the only mesage I get is the DataTables.NET's own error mesaages saying "... please see http://datatables.net/tn/7"

But I want to display my own Exception message as I do in other AJAX calls.

I have Googled it, advising to use "fnServerData" but I can not find my Exception message in any of the parameters (sSource, aoData, fnCallback, oSettings) I get by this event handler.

How can I possibly get the Exception message that my base controller returns and display it?

Regards.

P.S. : Handling the Exception in the Action and returning it does not apply here, because I do not fall to Action method at all.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,732Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

You can customise DataTables' error handling using the $.fn.dataTable.ext.errMode option which is currently documented in the error reference (I'll make a new page for it soon!).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.