How large the datatable can be?

How large the datatable can be?

johnsamjohnsam Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2011 in General
Hello,

I am using data-table for my application and big thanks .

I am displaying search results which contains records more than 1000 records,so when i display it,
i am viewing the progress bar in spite the records have been displayed in IE.any suggestions?? or is there a limit to display the data using data-tables?

awaiting your reply .

Thanks in advance,

John

Replies

• 28.vivek.s28.vivek.s Posts: 69Questions: 0Answers: 0
    you can limit the the records being displayed by using..

[code]iDisplaylength=100;[/code]

while initializing the datatable.
  • johnsamjohnsam Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
    when i display more than 1000 records i get message saying unresponsive script. any suggestion or solution for this ?
  • 4giedrius4giedrius Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I think that problem is in your .php script. I tried DataTables with 10000 rows and 20 columns. Worked like a charm (~1s to generate table with PHP and 2-3s to get it sorted and displayed with DataTables).
    thanks for your input,i am using my JSON response to display,do we need to specify the max records in datatables?
  • UPEngineerUPEngineer Posts: 93Questions: 0Answers: 1
    It sounds like you may have an error in your JSON return.

Check the JSON return using jsonlint.com and see if you have a parsing error.
  • sd_zuosd_zuo Posts: 78Questions: 1Answers: 0
    On Internet explorer, table performance is significantly lower than other browsers like Opera, Firefox, etc.
    A table with 2000 rows fed by JSON records, paged, is OK. It also takes a lot of memory. :(
    @UPEngineer: thanks :)

@sd_zuo:memory is a BIG concern :( :(
  • sd_zuosd_zuo Posts: 78Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Yep, it really really sucks.
    On my IE8 a 2000-rows datatable (10 rows displayed per page) with some CSS styling and fnRender functions consumes about 100MB memory, and the sorting will trigger IE's "slow script" alert.
    On my Opera 11, the same amount of data and configuration, 1 second = done. However, there's still a pretty amount of memory consumption.
    :( ...

@allan:any suggestions or thoughts on this issue?.

any help/suggestions appreciated.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,734Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    Is fnRender itself consuming the memory? If you remove it does the usage drop by 100MB? If so, then it sounds like there might be a closure going on. Are you unbinding any events which are added to elements etc?

Allan
This discussion has been closed.