DataTables logo DataTables

[Need help] Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'fnSetData' of undefined
  • Hello,

    I really like the examples from these datatables, however I can't get it to work.
    I've tried 3 different versions;
    1. The minified v1.8.2;
    2. The full v1.8.2;
    3. The minified v1.9 beta;

    In all 3 versions I get this error:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'fnSetData' of undefined
    _fnSetCellDatajquery.dataTables.js:6711
    _fnGatherDatajquery.dataTables.js:2849
    $.fn.dataTablejquery.dataTables.js:7422
    e.extend.eachjquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
    e.fn.e.eachjquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
    $.fn.dataTablejquery.dataTables.js:6923
    (anonymous function)Global13.js:21
    f.Callbacks.njquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
    f.Callbacks.o.fireWithjquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
    e.extend.readyjquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
    c.addEventListener.B

    Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix this?
  • You are going to need to give us a lot more information than that - ideally a link to your test page :-).

    Are you using mDataProp in your initialisation? My guess is that one of those is a little off from what the data model is.

    Allan
  • Thankyou for your reply.

    I do the default initialisation:
    if ($("#tbl_TransactionItems").length) {
    $("#tbl_TransactionItems").dataTable();
    }

    Here is my table (I deleted the rows, because that's not really what you need to know):
    <table id="tbl_TransactionItems">

    </table>

    I load the jQuery Libraries first, datatables next.. And in Global I've the initialisation.
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://localhost.mws.nl:9000/Includes/Javascript/jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>;
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://localhost.mws.nl:9000/Includes/Javascript/jquery.dataTables.js"></script>;
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://localhost.mws.nl:9000/Includes/Javascript/Global13.js"></script>;

    I don't have a testpage which I can show right now, the page I've got is confidential. If this is still not enough information, then I guess I have to setup a testpage somewhere.
  • Okay in that guess I'm changing my guess to a missing cell in the table, or a rowspan / colspan in the tbody :-).

    But not, I'm afraid still not enough information to say exactly what is causing it. I'd need to see the table actually running I think.

    Allan
  • Thankyou very much, this has helped me. I was missing two <th>, since those columns didn't have a header name, so now I added 2 empty <th> and it works.

    Thankyou again.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support

Get useful and friendly help straight from the source.