ajax datatable supplied url vars too long(?)

ajax datatable supplied url vars too long(?)

bill.martinobill.martino Posts: 38Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2010 in General
I am having an issue, mainly in Firefox, wherein the Ajax source is not working due to the url parameters supplied by default from datatables is too long. If I remove one of the url parameters, I get my Ajax code, but with all the parameters as sent, i get a blank page.

Is there a way to NOT send some of the URL variables when calling an Ajax source?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    You could have it do POST rather than GET: http://datatables.net/examples/server_side/post.html . Or configure your web-server to accept a longer GET URL. Or you can use fnServerData to remove some parameters from being sent to the server.

Allan
  • bill.martinobill.martino Posts: 38Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thank you for the prompt reply!

I was able to use the code as-is. For anyone else who might be searching, here is what was happening:

I was getting a random "413 FULL head" error, when i started taking away url parameters, it started working. This ended up being a setting on my Jetty server that was erroring out because of the response header being too large. I added a parameter to my jetty.xml file

in my connector configuration.

and this solved the problem! Hope this thread helps someone else in the future!
This discussion has been closed.