customize searchbox behavior...

customize searchbox behavior...

matmosismatmosis Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I want to customize searchbox behavior

when searching, rows excluded from search must be set with a "display='none'" style
hidden!! not removed from html....because i still want to access (from js) to elements inside excluded row (like checkbox or input etc.)

is possibile?

Thanks
Mat

Answers

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43
    edited September 2015

Rather than asserting how the library "must" work, you could phrase your request as a question.

You can access the complete data set in a datatables object through the API.

Declare your table:

dtTable = $('#example').DataTable( {
    [lots of detail here of course]
    });

Access the row data for row 73 (zero based index);

dtTable.row( 72 ).data()

• matmosismatmosis Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

you are right thanks!
    but i use datatable lib on a page that already exist!
    my intent was to add "live search" capabilities to a pre-existent html table

this table got rows with checkboxes, inputs, selects ... and is inside a form!
    form that can be submitted, and the receiving page use request.getparameters("") to get the values....and if elements are removed from html i cannot use this library!

also there are other JS functions that acting on those elements, functions that I cannot directly change for use "dtTable" approach!

sorry man for the misundarstanding but my intent was certainly not "asserting how the library should work", I just wanted to know if I could "customize" the behavior of the search function that way!!! if i can't there's no problem, I'll use something else....

thank you very much!
    regards,

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

You are going to need to post some sample code and describe exactly where/when you want to access hidden data. You should be able to do it with the sample I posted. Also, what version are you using?

This discussion has been closed.