Amazing Behavior - Column width not readjusted despite bAutoWidth because of a CSS class

Amazing Behavior - Column width not readjusted despite bAutoWidth because of a CSS class

YannYann Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited July 2015 in Free community support

Hi.
I don't know why in my datatables the columns width are not reajusted on pagination despite sAutoWidth option is set to true.
The amazing behavior is that it works in a certain context.
The datatable is contained in a div which has a box class. If I add the collapsed-box, the behavior of the autowidth is fine. If I remove that class, the width is fixed.
Here is my jsFiddle link : https://jsfiddle.net/yglevarec/3zcu733a/3/
Thanks

Answers

• YannYann Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

bAutoWidth, not sAutoWidth

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

The example you give appears to resize dynamically successfully. Could you give an example with it fixed - I'm not clear on what the modification required to do that is.

Beyond that, I would suggest adding style="width:100%" to the table. Its a pain I know, but it allows DataTables to see that the width applied to it is 100% - its darn hard to get a percentage value from CSS without an inline style.

Allan

• YannYann Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan, and thank you for your answer.
    The example where it does not work is the same, you just have to delete the "collapsed-box" class to the container div, and you will see that columns width are no more adjusted.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

It seems to work as expected for me. Or have I added it to the wrong element?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.