v1.10.23 - 403 error for release notes URL.

v1.10.23 - 403 error for release notes URL.

sassquadsassquad Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

The URL https://cdn.datatables.net/1.10.23/ which would refer to this version's release notes returns a 403 error. I therefore have no idea what has changed in this version from 1.10.22.

Additionally, this version does not appear to be accessible via cdnjs.com, even though Cloudflare is used for https://cdn.datatables.net itself.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what has happened?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,755Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Sorry, I've not done a site deploy since the .23 release, which is why the CDN index page isn't there for that release. I'll get that done.

cdn.datatables.net is fronted by CloudFlare, but isn't operated the same or in tandem with cdnjs (which is a bit of a shame since our CDN is easily the largest monthly cost to our business because of the amount of bandwidth it uses! But having it fully under our own CDN means we can serve up customised concatinated files to make requesting the software easier and faster (HTTP2 reduces the speed aspect though)).

This is the change notes for the .23 release:

• Fix: Possible prototype pollution if constructor were used in a data property name
    • Fix: Remove redundant check from _fnCreateTr
    • Fix: Remove workaround for old WebKit/Blink
    • Fix - CSS: Bulma styling pagination was conflicting with the DataTables site CSS
    • Fix - docs: Add extra example to columns.orderable

Allan

• sassquadsassquad Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Thanks for the update @allan - much appreciated.

• ffeffe Posts: 28Questions: 4Answers: 0

@allen It is still broken, and I only found this discussion with google ...

• colincolin Posts: 15,154Questions: 1Answers: 2,587

Yep, we haven't rebuilt the web-site recently, aim to do so soon. Apologies for the inconvenience,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.