≡

[FixedHeader] main table header sticks to embedded table

[FixedHeader] main table header sticks to embedded table

OhNoxiusOhNoxius Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi there,

I'm reporting an issue with FixedHeader and DataTables nested inside DataTables. Using nightly builds here!

Link to test case: https://live.datatables.net/gohefoki/1028/edit
Description of problem:
The header of the main table (fixedHeader: true) in some cases copies/moves itself to another DataTable nested inside itself (fixedHeader: false):

 * Case 1: click on a (+) to render an embedded DataTable and start scrolling => the static header will copy itself to the embedded table

 * Case 2: start scrolling so the fixedHeader of the main table activates, then click on a (+) => the static header will copy itself to the embedded table

In both cases if you scroll back up, the header of the main table has disappeared.

Thanks for all the great work!
Karel

p.s. this issue arrises since FixedHeader v4.0.6

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

  • allanallan Posts: 66,041Questions: 1Answers: 10,997 Site admin

    Hi Karel,

    Many thanks for the test case! I completely agree - there is an error in my scoping there. I'll get it sorted out and post back when done.

    Allan

  • OhNoxiusOhNoxius Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Hi Allan,
    thanks for all the recent fixes you already did to v3 lately. I also saw an update to FixedHeader regarding nested tables, but the issue described here still exists?
    Just a gentle reminder, thanks for your work!
    Karel

  • allanallan Posts: 66,041Questions: 1Answers: 10,997 Site admin
    Answer ✓

    Hi Karel,

    My apologies for letting this slip by me. I've just committed a fix and the example works with the new nightly.

    Regards,
    Allan

  • OhNoxiusOhNoxius Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Thanks a lot, looking good!

Sign In or Register to comment.