DataTables Export buttons are not working in Safari for Windows

DataTables Export buttons are not working in Safari for Windows

mrumarasgharmrumarasghar Posts: 12Questions: 4Answers: 1

Hi I am using Safari for windows on Windows 7. I was interested to test my website across web browsers so I installed Safari for Windows but when I visited the dataTables export buttons page, only copy button is visible. As they are not visible on datatables site so they are also not visible on my site as well.

Here is the image attached. Just look at it.
http://imgur.com/a/kF9qu

So my point of concern is that is it visible in latest Mac OS Safari or not? I don't have Mac so I can't be sure about it. Can you please tell me anything about it?

Answers

• mrumarasgharmrumarasghar Posts: 12Questions: 4Answers: 1

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,186Questions: 26Answers: 4,925

Interesting, I don't use Safari on my Mac but just tried the example page. All the buttons appear except Excel. I went to the JSZip page and it states Safari compatibility. I tried the example and it works in Chrome but does not download the example.zip file in Safari. Searching their issues I see a few posts about Safari compatibility.

Seems like its more a JSZip issue than Datatables but Allan can confirm.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 63,252Questions: 1Answers: 10,420 Site admin

Safari Mac has only just gained the APIs required to be able to create files locally. Given that Safari Windows has been effectively abandoned by Apple, and long before Safari gained these APIs, there is no support for the HTML5 export buttons in Safari Windows.

The excelHtml5 documentation notes:

• Safari: Yes (tech preview 18+) Safari 10.0.x and earlier are not supported.

Because Safari Windows doesn't support the required APIs and it is no longer updated, I don't believe the HTML5 buttons will ever work on it.

Allan

• mrumarasgharmrumarasghar Posts: 12Questions: 4Answers: 1

Ok its fine just let me know last thing that excelHtml5 is working in latest Safari or not?

• allanallan Posts: 63,252Questions: 1Answers: 10,420 Site admin

Safari Windows - No. And it likely never will.

Safari Mac - Yes - but I think only the tech previews. I don't think that feature has been released in the public builds yet - although I could be wrong there.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.