[Feature request] Theme for Goggle's Material Design Lite (MDL)?

[Feature request] Theme for Goggle's Material Design Lite (MDL)?

felix_victorfelix_victor Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

The Material Design specification covers data tables. The recently published (s)css/js/html implementation, Material Design Lite (MDL), supports tables: description and code.

I would very much like a DataTables theme to be added to support MDL. Since a discussion in last December, both design rules and implementation has been added.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,099Questions: 1Answers: 10,391 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

This is definitely on my todo list. I'm working through a number of large changes at the moment, which once done will hopefully make adding new styling options easier.

Allan

• felix_victorfelix_victor Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for the great news. Looking forward to it. Best, f_v.

• intrepionintrepion Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited July 2015

Is there a way for the previous discussion from https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/24854/google-material-design-theme-for-datatables to refer to this discussion? That seems to be the discussion that shows up for me in a google search for DataTables and Material Design. The only way I got to this one was by adding the word Lite.

I've added a link to this discussion now.

At the moment I'm planning on adding Semantic UI support before Material design. Hopefully one will quickly follow the other though! I've made a lot of changes recently to allow new styling libraries to be easier to integrate with DataTables. That release is coming soon.

Allan

• felipembbragafelipembbraga Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi guys!
    This feature has been released?

No. Pull requests welcome tho :-)

• steelcoderssteelcoders Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi, when you're planing to add this? or it's already added?

No time scale for this. Likely Semantic UI will be added first, then this. Can't say exactly when at the moment tho - I'm just starting to arrange my next chunk of work.

Allan

For anyone following this discussion, I've just committed an initial integration for DataTables to operate with MDL.

Allan

• pointbarpointbar Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited May 2016

Please ignore, I found an example here (Can I delete my post?)

Does anyone have a demo of the integration with MDL. We are looking at updating our site to support Material Design and are looking for a featured data table.

Thanks.

Example link should anyone else be interested.

To be honest, I didn't find MDL very easy to work with relative to the other styling frameworks DataTables supports. MDL isn't likely to see full support across all of the extensions in the near future I'm afraid (unless someone else wants to do the work for it!).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.