DT.NET assumes default database schema

DT.NET assumes default database schema

ecoffmanecoffman Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

While developing an app for our site, we discovered that DT .NET code assumes a default schema. Our tables, however, are not in the default schema. So, we had to go into the DT code and make some changes. This, as you might image, isn't maintainable without a proper consideration for schemas.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for your post. Could you clarify what you mean by "default schema"? That isn't a term I'm familiar with. Also, what database are you using?

Thanks,
    Allan

• ecoffmanecoffman Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited November 2015

Sure. If not explicitly placed in a different schema, all tables are placed within the default 'dbo' schema. We are using SQL Server.

For instance, in DataTables.DatabaseUtil.Sqlserver._Prepare, we had to modify pkeyCmd.CommandText to this:

pkeyCmd.CommandText = "SELECT column_name " +
    "FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.KEY_COLUMN_USAGE " +
    "WHERE OBJECTPROPERTY(OBJECT_ID('ciho.'+constraint_name), 'IsPrimaryKey') = 1 " +
    "AND table_name = @table";

Please note that we prepended 'ciho.' to constraint_name to make this work.

This is only 1 of many 'hardcoded' fixes we had to make to be able to use the Editor.

• allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin

Thanks for pointing that out. I understand what you were referring to now.

Unfortunately I don't think I'm managed to get this fixed for 1.5.2, but I'll probably add a Editor.Schema() method that will add that ability.

In the mean time, a workaround might be use to have a specific user for the Editor database integration with its default schema set as required.

Allan

• ecoffmanecoffman Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you Allan. Looking forward to the changes to come.

This discussion has been closed.