Roadmap

Roadmap

allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
edited June 2012 in Announcements
Hello all,

I've been spending a lot of time recently thinking about how DataTables should move forward as a project, and I've drawn up and publish a roadmap for future development here: http://datatables.net/development/roadmap .

In summary the next three major releases are:
- v1.10 - Improved API
- v1.11 - Increase modularity
- v1.12 - Complete customisability

There are of course a lot of other aspects that need work, such as this web-site, documentation and the extras, but this plan will serve as a guide for future DataTables development, so you know where the library is heading! And as always feedback is very welcome - if there are aspects you would like to see improved, please do say.

As I'm sure you are all aware, developing DataTables takes a great deal of time, so please if you enjoy using DataTables and find it useful, please do consider making a donation to help keep the project going forward long this path. Equally, if yourself or your company would like to sponsor DataTables development, please do get in touch.

It is a fantastic community of developers here, so thank you all for being a part of it. I'm very excited about the future of DataTables :-)

Regards,
Allan
This discussion has been closed.