Arrows and buttons vanished in IIS7 / W2008

Arrows and buttons vanished in IIS7 / W2008

IanJonesIanJones Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in DataTables 1.9
Hi, can anyone offer me clues about this problem?

I have a web site running on IIS6 and Windows Server 2003. In the DataTables objects, it displays the up-and-down arrows in the sortable column headings, and "prev / next" button at the bottom-right of the table.

If I copy the entire site to a server with IIS7.0 and Windows Server 2008, the arrows and the buttons no longer appear. I can still sort the columns by clicking on their headings, and navigate to the previous and next pages by clicking on the words "prev" and "next". However the graphic arrows and buttons do not appear.

I did find a reference to this kind of problem; http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/6353/arrow-next-to-the-header-of-the-table-is-missing/p1
However, that suggests the cause is a missing .css file and in my case, I know none is missing.

I have upgraded DataTables from v1.8 to v1.9.1 but that made no difference. I have also ensured that the application pool in IIS7 is running "classic" mode - supposedly compatible with IIS6 - but this also had no effect.

All suggestions gratefully received! Best wishes, Ian

Replies

• IanJonesIanJones Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I was not correct when I said moving from DataTables 1.8 to 1.9.1 "made no difference". There was one difference. With 1.8, the "prev" and "next" links did not appear at all with IIS7. With 1.9.1 they do appear, although without the button graphics. Sorry for missing this in my original post
This discussion has been closed.