Reordering of columns by the user?

rushrush Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2010 in General
Is it possible? How to enable it?

Many thanks!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Hi rush,

jnthnlstr in this forum has done quite a bit of work on a plug-in which will do this: http://datatables.net/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=764 . Hoping to get some time to integrate this into a fully supported plug-in at some point - but it's working well in it's current state.

Regards,
    Allan
  • rushrush Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks for the pointer, example at tw.wiki-data.com seem very nice! I hope I would be able to integrate it with everything else I need from the table (like ajax data). And I would also need to catch one more settings change :)
  • Jens GutzeitJens Gutzeit Posts: 22Questions: 0Answers: 0
    In case you get integration issues there is another approach, not that nice integrated though, but very easy to do. Just use a second page (or overlay) with a list and JQuery UIs sortable on top, one item for each column and after sorting, simply reload your table with the new ordering.

We use this approach here for column reordering and show/hide of columns (we usualy just put the most interessting 10-15 columns to the left), because we have to deal with tables up to s.th. arround 120 columns in total. Horizontal dragging of items is not very user friendly over wide areas.
This discussion has been closed.