Export To Excel...Excel file cells width modification

Export To Excel...Excel file cells width modification

vinitsharmavinitsharma Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2012 in TableTools
Hello All,
I would like to know if I could manipulate the datatable's exported Excel file or not. I don't need more modification but at least I want to adjust the column widths in the excel file so can I make this possible anyhow, either through any datatable's inbuilt function or by any other external means ? because CalcColRatios doesn't works here in Export Excel and it only works in Export PDF. So I need to fulfill this requirement anyhow. Please tell me how can I do it. Any help appreciated.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Currently no - this is not possible. I hope to get some time in future to add this ability, but it is not yet available in the files output by TableTools.

Allan
  • vinitsharmavinitsharma Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Where can I get the .CSV file generated during the Export Excel function ? Can't I specify CalcColRatios for Excel ? If I could get the .CSV file being generated in Excel, I can try for manipulating the .CSV file from some external source.?!
    > Can't I specify CalcColRatios for Excel ?

No - as I said, the columns sizes currently can't be changed.

> Where can I get the .CSV file generated during the Export Excel function ?

If you looks at the TableTools source code, you'll see how it wrks - TableTools uses fnGetData to get data from the table, and then builds a CSV list, which is passed to Flash and saved as a local file. It is not technically an Excel file, it is a CSV file which Excel can read.

Allan
  • vinitsharmavinitsharma Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Can I do something when the file is being passed to flash.? I mean doing something inside the flash ?
    Yes, you could write an xlsx data converter. If you do that, could you share your code so I don't need to write it :-).
This discussion has been closed.