Flash Add-one freezees Mozilla running Web Application where Flash is enabled into DataTable

Flash Add-one freezees Mozilla running Web Application where Flash is enabled into DataTable

MichaelLandMichaelLand Posts: 26Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2012 in General
Hello, I have a following problem:
1. I have Web Application that uses DataTables
2. Flash is installed into all Browsers
3. When running Web Application containing DataTable using Flash everything works fine with IE and Chrome
4. BUT when same Web Application is running in FireFox (newest version and Flash plugin installed) the whole Web Application Freeses and
doesn't response to anything. It shows DataTable Buttons (Copy, PDF etc) but nothing happends.

In my Application there is a code of snipet which checks that Flash is installed and it works in every Browser. I have tested Javascript in all Browsers.

But what could cause that FireFox is Freezing when Flash is in use?
I also tested demo page http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/TableTools/ with FireFox and it also Freezed.

Can anyone please help?

Best Regards,

Mike

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    There is another thread in the forum that describes this issue as well, however, I've thus far been unable to reproduce the issue. All I can really suggest, until I have a way to reproduce the issue, is to check that both Flash and Firefox are fully up-to-date.

Allan
  • MichaelLandMichaelLand Posts: 26Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hello, could it be environment question?

I'm using .NET 4.0, IIS 7.5 or Visual Studio 2010's Internal Web Server.
    OS is Windows Server 2008R2

We have four such enviroment's in different PC's and everyone has this featrure.

Mike
  • allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    I guess it might be possible, but I'm not sure how the web-server would be effective the delivery of Flash content that would be breaking just Firefox. If that is the case, then its an IIS or Firefox issue, but it would probably require a wireshark trace of that and a working server to confirm is different content is being delivered.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.