Table Tools just copies "blank" instead of data

Table Tools just copies "blank" instead of data

jawosisjawosis Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2010 in General
Hi,

whenever I try to use Table Tools (clipboard or file save) there is just "blank" being copied or exported to a file despite of getting the javascript alert "Copied xx rows to the clipboard" (when using clipboard).

Anyone has an idea how to fix this?
Thanks,
Jochen.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,277Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin
    Hi Jochen,

Try downloading the new version of TableTools: http://datatables.net/releases/TableTools.1.1.1.zip - and see if that helps. If not, then can you post a link to a page showing the problem?

Regards,
    Allan
  • RRStoyanovRRStoyanov Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

It was some time while I didn't write, but now I update to latests version of dataTables (1.6.1) and TableTools (1.1.2) and I have same problem as above. In FF everything works perfect, but in IE it doesn't. In IE Copy to clipboard just copy "blank" and export to CSV and XLS doesn't work at all.

btw. if the page doesn't have tag it cause problems in FF. Table Tools are not shown at all.

p.s.: I talk for server-side, if this matter.
    Hi RRStoyanov,

There was a bug with TableTools 1.1.1 which was causing problems in IE (although you should have seen at least some data). It might be worth clearing your browsers cache just in case that version is getting stuck there. If this doesn't help, then perhaps you can post a link to a page showing the problem.

Regarding the TITLE issue: The title tag is required for valid HTML/XHTML, so I've just assumed it would be there: http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_title.asp . Most of my software tends to assume valid syntax :-)

Regards,
    Allan
  • dpamiodpamio Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I still have the same problem with v2.0.2 and 1.9.0 of data tables. My issue is that: print works ok, all others don't even change on mouse-over. Using the same browser, pointing to your example, it works. But in my local machine web page, even I don't get any error message, it just doesn't work. If I right-click on the copy, csv, or excel buttons, I get the flash usual flash context menu. Clicking on "copy" copies "blank" to the clipboard.
    Can you link me to a demo page showing the problem please? Also, might you already be using ZeroClipboard on the page - that's a known issue with TableTools that will be fixed in the next release (next week).

Allan
This discussion has been closed.