Downtime

Downtime

allanallan Posts: 61,653Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
edited January 2013 in Announcements
We had a little downtime yesterday, followed by a bit more today as a result while the server hosting DataTables.net had its hardware upgraded a bit.

With the number of requests for pages on this site the server was starting to struggle a little bit. The hardware upgrade is an interim solution between I start working updating the site as a whole to be a bit more efficient, which will be part of the 1.10 work. More on that to follow, but I thought I'd just flag up what was going on :-)

Allan

Replies

• Madhu12Madhu12 Posts: 32Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks for the update Allan!

A little suggestion was you have mentioned that you are planning to update the site. It would be helpful if you could it make it mandatory to specific the version when someone creates a new discussion.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,653Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    > A little suggestion was you have mentioned that you are planning to update the site.

Aye - it was very short notice this one, but if it hadn't been done promptly, the server would have suffered unplanned downtime rather than planned short notice downtime. The DataTables twitter account is a good way to keep up-to-date with DataTables developments, including server updates - @DataTables .

> It would be helpful if you could it make it mandatory to specific the version when someone creates a new discussion.

A good idea. If everyone just used the debugger or linked to a test case that information would be readily available, but having a template, much like Bugzilla does, might be a good idea.

Thanks,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.