Problem with using dataTables with table generated by ASP.NET C# Listview

Problem with using dataTables with table generated by ASP.NET C# Listview

catmomcatmom Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in DataTables 1.9
I am using a Listview control in an ASP.NET c# application to generate a wide table (needing horizontal scrolling) with a link button for editing in the 1st column of each row. I am stuck with using IE8 with Windows XP.

I want to use dataTables ONLY for fixing the headers and managing the scrolling. All other functionality is handled by the Listview control and code-behind.
If I don't include dataTables, the application displays the page, and when the link button to edit a row is clicked, the page correctly re-renders with the indicated row formatted using the edit template and the row in its ORIGINAL (correct) position.

If I DO include dataTables, the scrolling works correctly, but when the "edit" link button is clicked, the page is re-rendered with the indicated row correctly formatted for editing but moved to the BOTTOM (LAST) position on the page.

This is the datatable javascript:
var otable = $('#table1').dataTable(
{
sScrollY: "300px",
bPaginate: false,
bInfo: false,
bJQueryUI: false,
bFilter: false,
sScrollX: "100%"
}

Does anybody know how to solve this? I noticed that another member had a similar and unanswered problem using an ASP.NET gridview control. Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.