IE8 Invalid Argument with FixedColumns.js

IE8 Invalid Argument with FixedColumns.js

ddudley3ddudley3 Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2013 in General
Getting an error only in IE 8, not IE 9/10 or FF on two different line no's
What can I do to get around it? Seems as though I have to be able to support IE 8 (I wish I didn't)

[code]
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:47:20 UTC

Line: 938
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/SearchResults9/extras/FixedColumns/media/js/FixedColumns.js

Line: 852
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/SearchResults9/extras/FixedColumns/media/js/FixedColumns.js

[/code]

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,413 Site admin
    Please link to a test case.

Allan
  • ddudley3ddudley3 Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am trying to get this on live datatables. I have a specific situation where I have FixedColumns, ColVis and ColReorder all on same page.

The One case where I have FixedColumns only on a page, I am able to get around this error in IE8 with the 2.5.0 version of the FixedColumns and the latest juery. However in that scenario, I am noticing issues where the columns on the non fixed portion are sometimes hidden underneath the fixed portion and cannot be scrolled to. (just fyi for your testing)

I cannot move to the latest jquery with the specific situation mentioned where all 3 are there since with the latest jquery the ColVis has an issue with the Disabling of the screen.

I will see what I can do to get this on the live site and will let you know if/when it's there.

Thanks for all this. You have done a great job with this library I must say.
    I think this is it.

[code]
    http://live.datatables.net/evuwim/4
    [/code]
  • allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,413 Site admin
    Using FixedColumns 2.0.3 will break with the latest jQuery since $.browser has been dropped from jQuery but is used in FixedColumns 2.0.3. This is resolved int he nightly.

> However in that scenario, I am noticing issues where the columns on the non fixed portion are sometimes hidden underneath the fixed portion and cannot be scrolled to. (just fyi for your testing)

Can I get a test case showing that please?

Allan
    Right. But with the 2.0.3 version and IE 8 I get the Invalid Arguments I originally posted. and No table portion on the Fixedcolumns side, however the data is loaded on the other

simply un-maximize the browser once the grid is populated (I'm using Ajax to do so) and notice the FixedColumn porition is now smaller and has a fixed width and height .. .the other part of the grid is resized based on the new browser size and part of it is now hidden underneath. I actually see a variation of this in the 2.0.3 as well. But in 2.5 it's more pronounced.
This discussion has been closed.