Using fnServerData / server-side processing to dynamically create the client-side table/columns

Using fnServerData / server-side processing to dynamically create the client-side table/columns

jeromedtjeromedt Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited November 2013 in General
Hi Allan,
Great jQuery plugin!
I've been using DataTables for a while using JSON files to dynamically create the tables (and associated columns/rows) to render the data to be displayed.
However, the JSON files that I'm using are generated on a regular interval (using data from a database) and not generated on-demand.
What I want to do now is to allow the client-side to request that data directly from database (via a perl script) to also dynamically create the tables.
I played with some of the suggestions offered in this forum for most of the day and I have yet to find an example or a combination of examples that would work for me.
It seems as if when using server-side processing, the table must already be created and it doesn't seem possible to create that table using the aoColumnDefs or aoColumns specified in the JSON data returned by the server.

Please help.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.