Using datatable with makeeditable, wrong row selection when selecting newely added row

Using datatable with makeeditable, wrong row selection when selecting newely added row

hiren55hiren55 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2014 in DataTables 1.9
Dear Allan,

I am using jquery.dataTables.editable.js(Version:1.3) along with datatable(version 1.9.4). m new to datatables.
In add new row form, i have add button, and update button(modified default delete button to edit and update selected row in same add new row form).
i have mapped my form columns to datatable columns using "rel" attribute.

when i add new record and save => it is immediatly appended in datatable( and in backend database).
but when i select same row data using below,

oTable.$('tr').click( function () {
aData = oTable.fnGetData(this); // get datarow
});

It returns me wrong row data and not the one selected.
if i refresh my page and reload datatable, => it gives me correct index for editing.

mainly i fetch selected row data and fill it in add new row form for editing. i am not using inline editing.

Can you suggest me workaround for this? how and where can i refresh datatables.
also if we have more then 1000 records with around 40 columns each, it is NO GOOD to reload entire datatable after add/update, as it takes time to load from server.

Could you please help me with your suggestion on this?

Replies

• hiren55hiren55 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Please anyone help above..... Thnks a lot in advance.
  • hiren55hiren55 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Please Help.. i need this urgent... sorry for reposting...
  • allanallan Posts: 63,204Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Please link to a test case as noted in the forum rules. Also note that makeEditable is third party software and not supported as part of the DataTables project.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.