Resize columns issue

Resize columns issue

asharma09asharma09 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in General
Hi All

I am using the ColReorderWithResize.js plugin with latest datatables plugin

I have added column totals to the footer of a table. I am using sScrollY Property of datatables. Everything works fine and i am able to resize the columns except the footer at the bottom. It stays same and doesn't adjust based on mouse move like header and body. Please let me know if anybody else encountered the same problem and any possible solution.

Thanks,
Amit

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 62,066Questions: 1Answers: 10,174 Site admin
    I very much doubt that ColReorderWithResize works with the latest DataTables. It isn't a supported plug-in and it hasn't been kept up to date with the latest changes in DataTables.

Allan
  • dykstraddykstrad Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 1

I am currently working on a resize plugin and so far it is playing nicely with ColReorder. Hope to post it soon.

• allanallan Posts: 62,066Questions: 1Answers: 10,174 Site admin

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with (as I'm sure several others are as well) :-).

Allan

• rvgrahamrvgraham Posts: 28Questions: 5Answers: 0

+1 on this! The most requested feature I get, and so far the ColReorderWithResize is a pain even when it does work.

• looyolooyo Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

+1 on this!
    I want to find other one which is better than the ColReorderWithResize.

• RagingTrollRagingTroll Posts: 34Questions: 3Answers: 0

You can try one of my prerelease plugin ColResize that I recently updated so that footer will be resized too (works only with DataTables 1.10)

Example with scrollY enabled: LINK

Example with scrollX enabled: LINK

Example with scrollX and scrollY disabled: LINK

Example without additional plugins: LINK

Github for the source code: LINK :-)

• marianopeckmarianopeck Posts: 53Questions: 8Answers: 0

Hi RagingTroll,

I have just tried the ColResize and it works very well!!! Thank you so much, I really want this. Now...is there a way we can have stateSave working with it? Otherwise, whenever I do a request and re-render the table I lost them. I would appreciate if stateSave keeps the width and an API to reset it. Would it be possible?

edited July 2014

Hi,

I commited a fix for that. :)

Example: LINK.

• dihme69dihme69 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi RagingTroll, thank you very much for your plugin.
    Is there any callback for us to use when the resize finished?

Hello,

The ColResize is actually finished. I've added all the features that I meant so you can use it right now :) I will make an announcement when all plugins will be ready and the documentation will be up-to-date.

This discussion has been closed.