editable & datatables 1.10

editable & datatables 1.10

worgorworgor Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi there

I've been using Datatables 1.9.x with jeditable and was quite happy with it.
Since i wanted to upgrade to 1.10 now i'm missing the examples for editing rows in the API section -
is there a reason that the example was removed or do you have suggestions how to do a proper upgrade?
jeditable seems to be a little bit outdated - are there any alternatives except buying the "editor"?
Otherwise i've to talk to my client if he wants to do an upgrade an support this great project.

Thanks a lot and keep on rocking!

Best Andy

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,622Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Andy,

jEditable will still work with 1.10, and it might even be a little easier using the new API to interface with jEditable - however, Editor is the "official" editor for DataTables and the one which I can provide support for.

Regards,
    Allan

• worgorworgor Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

thanks allan, i really appreciate the great work you are doing and i try to convince my client to support this project, you know sometimes you've to sell a goodie in order to get additional development resources :-)
    although the examples with jeditable are gone, right? are you planning to show up some options for possible editings without using the "editor"? best andy

• allanallan Posts: 61,622Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin

Hi Andy,

No plans on introducing documentation on how to do editing, beyond what is in the API documentation, at the moment as it would require additional development resources to write, maintain and support, and there isn't enough time to do ally he things I want to do already.

Allan

• worgorworgor Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi Allan

Thanks for your reply and i totally understand the time-issues ... same here ...

keep on rocking allan

Best Andy

This discussion has been closed.