Table is not 100% wide

Table is not 100% wide

FZS4TFZS4T Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited September 2014 in Free community support

Hi everybody,

I use datatables 1.9.4 and the ColReorderWithResize plugin version 1.1.0-dev2.
Each column has a width given.
Since the update of ColReorderWithResize from 1.0.8 to 1.1.0, the table has not 100% width.
If the table is not as wide as the screen, it should size itself to 100% (the column sizes won't be used anymore in this case). This was how it did in 1.0.8
I need this feature. How can I do this in 1.1.0 ?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,928Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin

ColReorderWithResize has not been updated in years and I would be surprised if it worked with 1.10+. The plug-in is not part of the DataTables project and was developed by a community member, so I can't offer support for it myself. Someone else might be able to help (although other ColReorderWithResize questions have been unanswered recently), and I would suggest posting a test case if you would like help from the community as it will make it easier to debug.

Allan

• FZS4TFZS4T Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited September 2014

well, its a very big project built of multiple files... it is not easy to slice out a test case.
    Though, I do not have version 1.10 of datatables. I have 1.9.4.
    In the leading comment the plugin says: "Copyright 2010-2013 Allan Jardine", so I thought I can ask this here.
    Can I use another plugin to do this?
    I need resizing and reordering, plus saving the table state when doing one of this actions.

• allanallan Posts: 61,928Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin

ColReorderWithResize is derived from my own ColReorder plug-in, which is supported as part of the DataTables project which is why it has my copyright information in it. There is currently no official column resizing plug-in for DataTables.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.