TableTools and scrolling in DataTables 1.7

TableTools and scrolling in DataTables 1.7

allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin
edited July 2010 in TableTools
Hello all,

A quick note to say that TableTool's "print view" is not currently compatible with the scrolling feature in DataTables 1.7. This is a known issue and will be addressed with the next release of TableTools (which will be v2 :-) ).

Regards,
Allan

Replies

• taelortaelor Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hey Allan,

This is something I would be really interested to help you speed this process along.

Do you have any ideas on how you want this to work, or could you maybe let me know which section of code to work on?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin
    It's all working - it just needs to be documented! Always the bit that takes longest... Ping me at http://datatables.net/contact and I can send you a development version if you like.

Allan
  • SRussellNSRussellN Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Was this issue/update addressed in 1.7.2? I saw no mention of it in the release notes, but am hopeful.

Thank you!
  • allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin
    This isn't an issue with DataTables itself, but rather with TableTools. The way the scrolling works in 1.7 is to split the table into three segments: header, footer and body. TableTools 1 doesn't cope with this, as the table would need to be reassembled for the print screen. So it really needs TableTools 2 to be released - and for that I need to write the documentation - something I've not got around to yet... Got a few ideas for enhancements I'd like to put in as well. Ping me at the above link if you'd like a preview version :-)

Allan
This discussion has been closed.