Implementing Data Tables / Editor for my Bible

Implementing Data Tables / Editor for my Bible

smuglovskysmuglovsky Posts: 2Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited October 2014 in Free community support

Need to output the Bible text in different versions/languages with dataTables for a Bible website for myself and to share with others.

The website will not require registration, so it will not collect personal data/email, etc etc.
There is no need to track any info either.
It does need to work nicely on all mobile phones and be cross browser too, since many people will use it in desktops.
No need for it to be a Google Play mobile app (unless it doesn't cost me any extra :)

However, users must be able to edit 2 different tables:

The first table in question is, when people really like my Bible site and want to have their own perosnalized copy, so to speak. So users will add themselves to a list (same concept with the click to edit features). They should be able to customize layout and color preferences, in order to have their own personalized Bible, so the columns will be something like... Nickname | Preferred background color | Preferred font color | etc etc. . Once they hit "save" the server side will "listen" to that new request and email me or something like that. I realize we can automate the creation of the new user's page and subdomain but I don't think I can afford that much paid programming, so I'll have to handle it manually.

Then we have the table that outputs the Bible texts, users will click to edit, let's say the last column, to add/remove/edit their personal notes and save them in the server, under their dedicated Json file, which outputs under their dedicated subdomain, for example: usernickname.mybible.org

I need help with:

1. CSS to fix:
    Proper float and align for everything above and below the table.
    Change the white search containers and the light gray vertical/horizontal scrolling all to black, as needed here:
    http://talmidimedition.x40x.net/TE_ENGLISH/gold.html

2. The server side setup to recieve the new personalization requests again, if I can afford it, I would love to see it create a new home page under the requested subdomain with the user's preferences preloaded, but again, I'm not sure I can afford to pay for this help.

3. The server side setup to save when users edit/add/remove their notes.

4. Make sure it handles the large data with the code provided here:
    http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/data_sources/server_side.html

5. Finally, make sure it works cross mobile,
    and cross browser too, since it will also be available through desktops.

Bonus (if I can afford it):
Compile the whole site into an offline application.
(must also be cross platform, at least Windows/Mac and major mobile smartphones).

Thank you!
Alex Smuglosvky
smuglovsky@gmail.com

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• john_ljohn_l Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 12
    Answer ✓

Not sure why you posted this here - this is for questions about using Datatables. You seem to be looking for someone to implement an application for you, which just might happen to end up using Datatables for a small part of the app.

• allanallan Posts: 63,132Questions: 1Answers: 10,398 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Agreed - you might be better posting this on something like ODesk or some other freelancer site if you aren't going to be doing the development yourself.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.