Editable Plug-In

Editable Plug-In

mlybrandmlybrand Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

This plug-in is horribly out of date and has a few bugs I discovered. There are also a couple of undeclared dependencies that I don't like. Additionally, I would love to see some extensibility built into it. Finally, good documentation would be awesome.

There seems to be at least one attempt to fork and update the plugin that went nowhere.

Do any of you know if there is a successful fork or a suitable alternative? Is there any interest to seeing someone fork and really maintain this plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Editor is a fully supported part of the DataTables project. Indeed, it is basically what keeps the project going based on the revenue created by it. Without Editor, and all the lovely folks purchasing it, it wouldn't be possible to maintain DataTables to the level I do (i.e. full time job :-) ).

Allan

• mlybrandmlybrand Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

So, me taking the old "editable" library and forking it and bringing it up to speed as free alternative would be bad thing?

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

I'm not sure which library you are referring to, but you are free to do as you wish!

Allan

• mlybrandmlybrand Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

This library:

https://code.google.com/p/jquery-datatables-editable/

It is obviously lower quality than the library y'all have. Maybe I can change that some...

This discussion has been closed.