TableTools Button Formatting Problems

TableTools Button Formatting Problems

halexmorphhalexmorph Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

When I load up the tale tools extension I can get all the buttons to show up and work properly, however their formatting is always messed up. First they appear all gray. When I hover over them an x appears and they receive a small highlight bubble. If I click them suddenly all formatting is applied, though my click is ignored. From that point on the button looks and functions as you would expect. This is happening on both Chrome and Safari on a mac. It even happens on the dataTables tableTools example page (http://www.datatables.net/extensions/tabletools/) so I know I haven't done anything wrong. Is there a fix coming out for this?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

It even happens on the dataTables tableTools example page

I'm seeing the correct behaviour there. (Firefox, but I don't see why this would be a browser issue.)

Are you applying the relevant CSS?

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

@halexmorph - Does it happen on the "Print" button? My guess is that you are encountering some browser weirdness in Safari / Chrome to do with Flash. Possibly the energy saving options in Mac OS X which disable Flash in many cases (which generally I'm fine with personally, but until we get a decent client-side alternative for creating files other than Flash, we are a little bit stuck with it...).

Allan

• halexmorphhalexmorph Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Tangerine: yes all CSS is applied, but that wouldn't matter on dataTables website itself, I don't have control over that :P

Allan, thanks for your help. It probably is a flash issue, I forgot that I disabled all flash plugins in my browser. I usually have a lot of tabs open and flash causes a huge slowdown to my CPU if those sites are running ads/videos.

I actually have this problem solved in my own PHP environment, I just wanted to use dataTables solution instead if possible. I'll revert back to my own custom solution and keep an eye on this in the future to see if anyone adds a better non-flash solution. Thanks.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    edited February 2015

Flash videos in articles have become incredibly annoying an obnoxious recently. A video playing while scrolling open as I try to read content... no thanks!

Kick me if I ever even think about doing something like that on this site (I won't!).

Planning a rewrite of TableTools soon and will be digging deep into the HTML5 options then. Keep an eye on the blog :-)

Allan

This discussion has been closed.