Sort with custom column types (1.7.1/1.7.2) seems broken in Safari (for me)?

Sort with custom column types (1.7.1/1.7.2) seems broken in Safari (for me)?

skipchrisskipchris Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2010 in General
Hi,

A few weeks ago,I was doing some fairly eccentric things with assigning custom column types on the fly, and sorting based on the custom type (see: http://datatables.net/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=2628&page=1) - this has been working fine in Firefox 3.6, but seems weirdly broken in Safari 5.

I've used Safari's debugger to step through my custom sort functions, and they *appear* to be receiving the correct values from DataTables, and returning correctly based on their inputs. I've tried to trace this back to the DataTables to see what's happening there, but I've only got the minified source, so this is tricky.

At present, this looks like a DataTables bug (/missing feature?), but I'm happy to chase this up more to verify, so:

1) Is there an unminified version of the source available that I can use to take my debugging further and see if it's my code, DataTables, or Safari that's playing up? Don't mind doing this and happy to send a patch if I'm able.
2) If no to #1, do you consider this a bug, and would you like me to try and produce a minimal test case? (Can't/ post our real code publicly until we're ready for launch).

Chris

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Hi Chris,

1. Here is the non-min version of the current release of DataTables (it will always be there): http://datatables.net/release-datatables/media/js/jquery.dataTables.js . Where did you manage to get DataTables from without a non-minified version?!

2. Yes please. I don't know of any reason why the behaviour would be different for Safari from Firefox for something like this - particularly if you sort functions are being called.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • skipchrisskipchris Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan,

re: non-minified version - I'm an idiot - or rather, Finder's a pain. It managed to fool me by placing the icon for an old download of DT over the newly-downloaded version. I hunted in the media directory and could only find the minified version: I must have moved out the non-minified version for some earlier debugging. Sorted and chastised now.

I'll have a bit of a better look and get back to you.
  • skipchrisskipchris Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Bug in my sort functions, being masked by FF doing some typecasting between booleans and ints. I can sleep again.
This discussion has been closed.