DataTables website and running 1.10.7 local files produces "Stop running this script?" in IE8

DataTables website and running 1.10.7 local files produces "Stop running this script?" in IE8

ma_robergema_roberge Posts: 29Questions: 9Answers: 0

I have used DataTables 1.9.0 on a test page a year or so ago and everything worked fine in IE8. I now note that, for most of the examples pages of the DataTables website I visit using IE8, I receive a "Stop running this script?" message; this does not happen in Chrome. I have downloaded the latest package (1.10.7) and, when go to examples\basic_init and click on a file, say zero_configuration.html, the page takes several seconds to load, then the "Stop running this script?" message appears. Choosing either Yes or No does not seem to make any difference, as DataTables does its job perfectly.

To sum up, whether I am visiting the DataTables website or running locally one of the example files that come with version 1.10.7, Internet Explorer 8 (under Windows XP SP3) produces the message without preventing DataTables from working. Please note that is not an implementation of DataTables on my own website; therefore, I have not modified anything to the code. I suspect an incompatibility between DataTables and IE8 (I could not test with later versions). I am aware that this browser is now a source of problems for most developers, as lots of things do not display correctly. Indeed, the display of pages from the DataTables website in IE8 is quite different from Chrome.

This discussion has been closed.