Repair MS Access database without having program installed

Repair MS Access database without having program installed

HugoEdKN7HugoEdKN7 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Does anyone know of a program/option/tool to repair a microsoft access database that can be run from command line (I don't want any user interaction, I want to be able to schedule it).

The systems do not have Microsoft Access installed, they use a Delphi program with ado connections to an ms access db, and the delphi program runs a compact every time it opens, but the db still gets corrupted and needs repair from time to time.

Currently, I have to log onto the machine, open odbc and do a repair through that, but I would like to be able to schedule a regular repair to run without needing a connection to the db, and hopefully avoiding the user ever seeing the error message.

So far, all I have been able to find are programs that use a gui interface (which I can do with the odbc), or programs that require ms acess or ms access runtime installed, neither of which exists on these machines.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin

Your question doesn't appear to have anything to do with DataTables - the Javascript library that this site presents. Could you tell me why you have posted your question here?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.