space around the scroll body :-(

space around the scroll body :-(

faberfaber Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2010 in General
I've been playing with DataTables for the past couple of days and I'm pretty impressed with it. Now that I'm digging into more advanced topics like post-processing of the data via aoColumnDefs, I'm even more impressed. I'm seeing if I can get my company to throw some money your way. :-)

Alas, I've run into a problem otherwise I wouldn't be writing. :-) If I use 'sScrollX' on my table, extra space appears around the scrollbody; about a quarter of my row height on the top and half as much again on the left side. It's as if margin-top were set to 20px and margin-left to 10px.

Searching the site for 'scroll body', the first hit is this:

"DataTables - download
Fixed: When scroll collapsed was enabled, and x-scrolling enable but not actively required (i.e. no scrollbar) there would be a gap between the table body ...
www.datatables.net/download"

which leads me to think this is a known problem and was fixed in the latest version, but I've got the latest version (1.7.3).

I've searched for sScrollX and tried the solutions to various problems mentioned to no avail.

Any advice?

Replies

• faberfaber Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Never mind. The problem is with my CSS markup; if I remove my th markup, everything works as expected. If I put it in, the spaces show up. :-)

I hate CSS.

--

faber
This discussion has been closed.