Issues with RowsGroup plugin and search

Issues with RowsGroup plugin and search

Pierce KrousePierce Krouse Posts: 40Questions: 8Answers: 1

I have a live.datatables.net example here showing the problem:
http://live.datatables.net/weyimiyu/1/edit

In that example, you will see a table with 3 fixedColumns that also has rowsGroup applied. 10 rows in the table, rowsgroup has properly initialized the table with the first three columns configured like this:
first column of all rows says mode_norm.OC_WC.RC_MAX_1
second column of first 5 rows says max
second column of next 5 rows says min
third column iterates through a set of values such that no adjacent rows have the same value, so no grouping happens there.

The example comes up OK, it's just when I start using the search to filter out columns that I run into trouble.
If you start typing the word min into search (intending to only show the last 5 rows), you see things go askew as soon as you type the 'i' of min.

The good news is that I will be implementing a custom row filtering scheme that filters rows based on input matching data in the fixed columns. I have a similar piece of code working that filters the columns. I call this good news because I will have the opportunity to call whatever API calls are necessary to try and straighten out the display.

I'm hoping I just got this configured wrong, but I'd appreciate any advice on this so that I can solve this in the next few days as I implement the custom row filtering.

Replies

• Pierce KrousePierce Krouse Posts: 40Questions: 8Answers: 1

I did some further experiments with this to try and narrow down the problem:

I had a 0-pixel high row at the top of the table's thead, and had DataTables set with
    "orderCellsTop": true,
    to remove any column ambiguity between the fixed headers and the body. I removed this row, and removed the accompanying "orderCellsTop": true, to see if that was interfering somehow. This change had no affect on the behavior. I doubted that it would, but is nice to narrow it down.

I also wondered about using fixedColumns, so I removed that as well and retried it. This also had no change on the behavior.

So I am back to square one, but know a little more about what is not the issue.

Any ideas?

• msalahmsalah Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I have a big problem in RowsGroup with server side [in search case and page printing] it make destroy on datatable row grouping.

I used orderCellsTop = true property but the problem still exist.

Can you help me to enhance RowsGroup in server side please.

Thanks.

• Pierce KrousePierce Krouse Posts: 40Questions: 8Answers: 1

Unfortunately all my experience with DataTables is client side. I eventually moved away from the RowsGroup plug-in because I am using fixedColumns, which it does not work with. I eventually modified an idea of Allan's to come up with my own solution for row and column spanning when using fixedColumns.

This discussion has been closed.