performance improvements client side processing

performance improvements client side processing

kernomkernom Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I have a table with up to 25k rows which as a requirement, may not be paged. Does anybody have tips on how to get the best performance out of this? Following are the options I am using atm. I have a few invisible columns(which need to be printed though, so are necessary).

jQuery('#table').DataTable({ "fixedHeader": true, "responsive":{ details: { type: 'column', target: 0 }}, "dom" : 'Brftip', "deferRender": true, "orderClasses": false, "order": [[ 1, 'asc' ],[2, 'asc']], "ajax" : { url: 'http://' + jQuery.global.data.base_url + '/ajax_req', dataSrc: '', "type": "GET", data:getData}, "buttons": ['csv', 'print'], "paging": false, "processing": true, "fnInitComplete": function(oSettings, json) { new $.fn.dataTable.FixedHeader( this ); fierce.AddImagePreviews(); }, "columns": getColumns() });

Anybody has some tips/tricks to share on boosting the speed in this scenario? Would SSP perform significantly better even though up to 25k rows may need to be on the same page?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

Would SSP perform significantly better even though up to 25k rows may need to be on the same page?

No. The only thing you would do is introduce latency into your app if all of the records are boing shown at the same time.

What is the performance like?

Allan

• kernomkernom Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Well the initial load takes a substantial amount of time, with FF giving slow script warnings. The real problem is the sluggish response afterwards. I.e. entering a string to be searched for, usually takes several seconds for it to appear in the search field (at the same time as the table is reduced to the result set), potentially with FF giving the same warning again. Sorting and scrolling is similary sluggish.

Chrome seems to perform better(no proper side by side comparison though), but still isn't quite there.

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin
    edited November 2015

I suspect you might need to start thinking about using server-side processing in that case. If you could link to the page I'll profile it and take a look, but I'm not sure I'll be able to suggest a magicGoFaster: true property.

Edit Server-side processing will only help if you enable paging...

In general yo'll get much better performance if you enable paging. Less for the browser to draw!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.