Can PDF Buttons compress output to fit width

Can PDF Buttons compress output to fit width

lincstar182lincstar182 Posts: 6Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hello, does anyone know if there is the ability to create a PDF when there are too many columns to fit, at the current font size, on one (landscape oriented) PDF sheet? Currently I have changed orientation to landscape, but still lose about 1/3 of my columns. They are truncated, and just gone. Ideally, there would be an option to 'compress-to-width' which reduces the font size of all elements in the table cells until all data fits, and is displayed on PDF, or until the min-font-size is reached.
Thanks! Lincoln

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Hi Lincoln,

Unfortunately not really. You could have a look at the pdfmake documentation to see if there are any other layout options that would be applicable, but I think the issue would probably require splitting the row into two rows (which might be really difficult to read and possibly to do) or limiting which columns are included.

Allan

• MontereyDeanMontereyDean Posts: 13Questions: 1Answers: 0

However, if you have Acrobat Pro installed (not just the Reader), you can use the print button and print to a PDF. It won't maintain the table style but it will automatically fit everything on the page(s).

This discussion has been closed.