Strange Filter/Radio Behavior On Win XP/IE7

Strange Filter/Radio Behavior On Win XP/IE7

jdbjdb Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2010 in General
I'm attempting to build a shopping cart enhancement for my family business using DataTables' filtering to present configurable table rows of items for purchase. It needs to make use of cells containing radio button groups. Some radio button groups will appear in ALL configurations (i.e. across all programmatic filter changes).

Google Analytics tells me I still have in excess of 15% of my shoppers using WinXP w/ IE7. I'm encountering some strange (and show stopping) behavior with filtered radio buttons under WinXP and IE7 ONLY. Symptoms? The radio button "checked" status is being lost across filter changes causing pricing inaccuracies. :-(

I've created a simple page displaying the behavior:

See below...

Can anyone else using WinXP/IE7 reproduce the issues I'm seeing or is it just my box? Any suggestions/workarounds are deeply appreciated - I really want to use DataTables for our site...

Replies

• jdbjdb Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    It turns out this is an IE7 bug. I found this page discussing it:

http://cf-bill.blogspot.com/2006/03/another-ie-gotcha-dynamiclly-created.html

I worked around the issue by saving the buttons' "clicked" state before calling the filter and the restoring the "clicked" state values after the filter had loaded.
This discussion has been closed.