Table Tools Freezing Safari (Safari 9) when trying to export to Excel

Table Tools Freezing Safari (Safari 9) when trying to export to Excel

kars1000kars1000 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

You can reproduce the issue by going to the tabletools example page (https://www.datatables.net/extensions/tabletools/) and try exporting using safari. The first time may work but then the entire page freezes.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,413 Site admin

Is your Flash version up to date? Given how hostile Apple are to Flash, I'm not hugely surprised regardless. The good news is that TableTools is legacy software as noted at the top of the page you linked to. I would suggest not using TableTools for new projects and actively replacing it for old.

Allan

• kars1000kars1000 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using the latest version of flash (21.0.0.182). The issue was pointed out to me when users of our production apps were having problems. Is there any plan to fix it or your gonna leave it as is even if it freezes the browser?

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,413 Site admin

As i say, TableTools is legacy software and thus is no longer having work done on it. However, your thread has made me remember about another thread on this issue where it was determined to be a Flash bug.

This is the bug report to Adobe. It was acknowledged as a bug in Flash by Adobe and this is the bug tracking the issue. That bug is still open - I can't say if Adobe are working on it or not.

This, I'm afraid is not a bug in TableTools, but rather one in Flash.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.