EditorGenerator not working

EditorGenerator not working

vinicius.saesvinicius.saes Posts: 2Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello all,

I generated and downloaded the sample project through this link (https://editor.datatables.net/generator/), but is not working.

I just opened the project and it is not compiled because of the errors below.

Does anyone know what it takes to run?

'DataTables.Database': type used in the using statement must be implicitly convertible to 'System.IDisposable'
can not convert from 'System.Web.HttpRequest' to 'System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection'
The best overloaded method match for 'DataTables.Editor.Process (System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection)' has some invalid arguments ~ \ EditorGenerator \ EditorGenerator \ Controllers \ ClientesController.cs

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Sorry about this - I think what has happened is that I've mixed a production and development build to the server by mistake.

Let me look into it and I'll get back to you!

Regards,
    Allan

• ThePaSchThePaSch Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2016

Any updates on this? We'd like to run a few tests on our server and are interested in purchasing a license, but would require a working proof of concept in the next few days before we'd have to start looking for alternatives.

Of course, there'd be ways of building around this, but we're hesitant to spend too much time to dig into this if we're going to end up not using it anyway as there are pressing issues everywhere.

I'm working on it just now. Hope to have an update later or first thing tomorrow.

Allan

Its fixed now. It was indeed using the wrong version of the dll! Generator will now correctly use 1.5.6.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.