upload question

upload question

mr.sjakiemr.sjakie Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,
I want an upload form just for the uploads/medialibrary. So not as in the examples shown, as image in another table linked to a files table. Just the datatable for the "medialibrary", where users can upload new files. Afterwards they should connect specific files to a playlist in another datatablescreen.
I tried the examples but I cannot get it.
Any help on how to?
My table is like this:

id filename filesize webpath systempath

With the examples I'm stuggling with the id's. It makes 2 records in the filestable or I get errors.
Don't see it anymore. Any help welcome.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

Hi,

There isn't an option built into Editor to have the file uploaded to the host table. It assumes that there will be a joined table that will contain the meta information about the file since the file upload happens async to the rest of the form.

Allan

• mr.sjakiemr.sjakie Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Allan,

thank you for your answer. So it is not possible to display the media table afterwards in a datatable? (in your examples the files table?) What I want is to let the user select files from a table and so that the joined table will be filled at that moment. So that they first upload files and "connect" them afterwards instead of upload and connect immediatly from for example the users table.

Thanks in advance,
    Noël

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

You could certainly display the media table in a DataTable, but I don think it would be possible to then directly edit it with the option of uploading another file to it without some trickery.

The upload action is async from the rest of the form, so as soon as you select the file it is uploaded and a new row created on the media table. It doesn't wait for the submit button.

I'm afraid that Editor doesn't currently have a built in media selection library type field. That is something I plan to offer in future.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.